Shared hosting vs VPS Which one to choose? – Servers are vital to keeping your website up and running. Equipped with the right processors and the optimum internet speed, the servers help you remain on-air all throughout. The computer server further helps you store, retrieve and exchange digital files and data to and from other computers on a network. Thus, when planning to start a website choosing the most appropriate hosting plan is the first and foremost thing.
Quite like its name, shared hosting is like sharing the space with others. It is one of the most common methods of hosting a website.
Advantages of Shared Hosting:
- Sharing of maintenance cost makes it the most economical hosting method
- Ideal for small websites
- No special skill set or technical maintenance of the server is required
- Can avail extra space at an additional cost
- Suitable for all software installations
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting:
- Cannot customize the features as per need
- Limited number of resources can be used
- Performance of other websites on the same server directly impacts the performance of your website
- Need to configure firewall settings to maintain security and privacy
Shared Hosting vs VPS
VPS Hosting: VPS (Virtual Private Server) Hosting is similar to living in an independent house. While you can customize the interiors as per taste you still have to live with the features prevailing outdoors.
Advantages of VPS Hosting:
- Huge space and bandwidth allows you to host multiple sites and run different applications alongside
- Upgrade and downgrade plans as per need
- Configure anything with the server
- Dedicated 24/7 customer support and outclass security and privacy levels
- Independent of the performance of other websites
- Highest level of security and privacy
Disadvantages of VPS Hosting:
- You require a special skill set and dedicated system support to maintain your server
- Expensive than the Shared Hosting format
- Not fit for applications having issues with virtualized environment
At Bagful International we excel in both Shared and VPS Hosting servers. We work in coordination and help roll out the best hosting plan that best fits the needs and requirements of the client.